Keto Blackberry Buckle
If you love summer fruit baked into golden desserts, you'll love this gluten-free, fruit-filled friend. This recipe using Monkfruit Sweetener makes over this simple & sweet fruit dessert that can fit into Keto diets.
This simple dessert can be ready in a flash! Fold fresh, in-season, keto-friendly fruit into a thick vanilla batter using our Golden Monkfruit Sweetener then top with even more blackberries and a buttery streusel. After baking, drizzle on a creamy, sugar-free lemon glaze, using our Classic Monkfruit Sweetener and add brightness to every single bite with a bit of citrus.
Make it for a brunch crowd, (serves 8-10) or freeze in individual cups to take out and heat up when you want something this delicious.
Ingredients in Keto Blackberry Buckle:
- 2 T Butter, melted (can sub coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup finely ground Almond Flour
- 1 1/2 T Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener (can sub Golden)
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 T Coconut Flour (can sub gluten-free flour)
- 2 cups almond flour, sifted (can use a gluten-free flour)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp nutmeg or cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup, melted butter or coconut oil, cooled
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blackberries, (also can sub frozen or another berry)
- 1 T lemon juice, fresh if possible
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ¼ tsp Xanthan Gum (omit if using gluten-free flour)
Instructions for Keto Blackberry Buckle:
- Preheat oven to 350° and place rack in the middle of the oven.
- In a bowl, mix the streusal topping ingredients together until it makes a crumbly dough. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, add blackberries, almond flour, baking powder, butter or oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, spices, xanthan gum, and Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener. Fold everything together until well combined.
- Pour the batter mixture into a 9" baking dish that is prepared with parchment paper or baking spray.
- By the spoonful, sprinkle the topping evenly over the filling.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until the top is browned. (Check after 10 minutes, if top is browning too fast, cover lightly with foil).
Dust with some Lakanto Powdered Monkfruit Sweetener and serve with Vanilla Ice Cream(Keto) or Sugar-Free Fresh Whipped Cream.